Our 2017 Free Poster Program is CLOSED. If you’d like to order posters from us, you can purchase online here.
Thanks to funding provided by the Right Rider Access Fund and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Tread Lightly! was once again able to offer free educational posters to our members, clubs, and partners who enjoy and manage America’s natural resources in 2017.
Since 2011, Tread Lightly! has distributed over 6,000 posters across 44 states. This demonstrates a tremendous need for good information that fosters individual stewardship.Through this program, we are ensuring America’s public lands visitors receive compelling and consistent messaging across boundaries, regardless of the agency that manages the resource.
These posters use a combination of public service announcements and a variety of tips to encourage ethical and responsible behaviors throughout the outdoor recreation community. The primary messages used in this program are the RIDE ON Designated Routes and Respected Access is Open Access campaigns..
EDUCATIONAL POSTER PLACEMENT
2012 = Yellow
2013 = Blue
2014 = Red
· James Long, Santa Clara Park and Recreation: “The posters look great! Thank you guys for running this awesome program.”
· Erin Rajala, BLM Ely, NV: “Thanks much, the posters are a great asset to educating our public!”
· Kyle Kidde, State of Alaska DNT Trails: “Thank you, Tread Lightly! and the program sponsors for providing this resource.”
· John Campbell, BSA’s Northwest Suburban Council, Palatine, IL: “I received the posters and they arrived in perfect shape. I did not expect such high quality paper, so THANK YOU to your sponsors for such marvelous support. We will get those posters up in prominent places in our camps and visible places in the Scout office. Thank you again.”
· Clif Koontz, Ride with Respect, Moab, UT: “They look good. I was also impressed by the quality of material.”
· Ashley Rooney, Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails: “They are great and perfect for what we need!”
· Will Decker, USFS’ Mount Hood National Forest, OR: “Thank you so much. They really make our kiosks look professionally managed.”
· Bob Gates, BSA’s Circle Ten, Allen, TX: “WOW much better than anticipated. I have already made arrangements to get these in our Camps. But more important in several other Council camps in our area – which was the original plan for these. Now trying the impossible – to see if I can get them posted on the walls of several 4-wheel drive sellers in the area. But I think I will be successful in a few cases.”
· Harrison Friedman, BLM Bakersfield, CA: “We have indeed received them, and they’re awesome. Already have one hanging at our public contact desk, one slated to go up at the Taft chamber of commerce visitor center, and more set to go out in the field soon. Thanks so much for sending them– fantastic program! Will be curious to see how they’re received in the field… and send some pictures and (hopefully) success stories as we get them.”
· Mark Jacobsen, BLM Eastern Montana Dakotas District: “Thanks Tread Lightly! They are absolutely Marvelous! I’d sure like to get more “Montana personalized” items from you in the future!!”
· David Bently, USFS’ San Bernardino National Forest: “OUTSTANDING!!!! I love the quality of the stock and printing. You guys rock.”